Monday, September 29, 2008

Honky Tonk

I love it - all the old sounding honky tonk stuff. I've touched on it here and there. I play fiddle myself, i've done my fair share of time on stages all over the coutnry, but never REALLY played with a real honky tonk type of band, and im just learning that i love that stuff. To me it sounds like the stuff i've heard coming out of the delta areas of the Mississippi and Texas. Maybe - Tex-Mex is an applicable term here. Dwight Yokam - i went to school with his cousin shawn yokam; the mavericks - they had one hit called here comes the rain. I have some of my own music in a folder mojokiss.com/mp3/ there's like 50 of my songs there all just ideas recorded. i've never even been close to being published myself but ive played on tons of albums and still work as a studio musician. Of course there are hundreds of other bands that fit this category, but some are better than others.

tonight i'm about to go get my banjo (gibson rb-3) from a friends house. we got in a fight recently so im a little nervous about going over there and getting it. I'll be really happy when i get out of there with all my stuff tho finally. Then i have to go to another house and get my other bunch of stuff from there. These are basically garages i used to either live in, or use as studios.

I really want to start a band. I'm not sure it will start out as a whole band, probably not. I'll probably just play and sing mostly solo with other musicians sitting in.

Goin on a little photography tour soon. maybe i should bring my guitar with me and play at the L train stop in williamsburg like i used to do. its always pretty cool there. this time ill probably bring a couple people with me to jam along.

i need business cards

No comments: